Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American jobs
08-02-2018, 03:39 PM,
RE: American jobs
I strictly refuse to beliefe he was dumb or incompetent or suffering from a disorder or something. I find such believe not only naive but also an insult to his supporters which is making things worse. I`ve met people with such conditions. Making billions, impregnating models and winning presidential election campaigns is not how they roll.

In fact, I have analysed his behavior and use the same strategy for my own guerilla marketing concept. It centers around a film clip sporting a (freaking "continental giant") rabbit that I borrowed from a snake holder ("and as you can see, that ain`t no blindworm") in order to familiarize customers with my working material. The plan is to troll PETA into a nation-wide outrage focussing on the country`s only lure shop that "kills rabbits to kill fish", as said reporter put it in said interview - which I analysed in order to become aware of the cliche he was transporting. I created a mildly retarded personae that lectures (a weakness of mine) the audience that it was illegal to live-feed mammals as that might harm the valuable snake and since animals "had no such thing as a soul that they could use to think for themselfes..."

I showed the film, which of course includes professional underwater footage of hair jigs, to a test audience of 6 kayak anglers on a summit the other day.  One fell into a fundamental-archaic monologe about stone age fishing lures, two were wrenching their brains how they could help me against PETA and the other 3 were asking "that jig in the film, you got that with you?" They had known my merchandise for years and spend 2 evenings on that summit without buying anything until they saw the jig underwater. 

It feels badly counter-intuitive to reject good friend`s advice on the film (less rabbit talk, more fishing stuff etc.) but I know it triggers the emotions I want - outrage, solidarity and interest - so I´ll give it a shot as soon as I finished work on my new, professionalized web presence. The rabbit won`t be available for future films, unfortunately...

[Image: 33446923kj.jpg]
08-03-2018, 09:21 AM,
I was wondering if our Presidents accomplishments are because he said so? Like this one lately?

TRUMP at a Pennsylvania rally Thursday night: "U.S. Steel is opening up seven plants." On Tuesday, he told supporters in Florida: "U.S. Steel just announced that they're building six new steel mills."
08-04-2018, 12:07 PM,
(08-03-2018, 09:21 AM)Hawnjigs Wrote: TRUMP at a Pennsylvania rally Thursday night: "U.S. Steel is opening up seven plants." On Tuesday, he told supporters in Florida: "U.S. Steel just announced that they're building six new steel mills."

So he got 1 figure wrong. By one. Who cares?? I didn`t even know about new plants. You just told me that. Don`t you get it? The lie is the bait. You swallowed it, and now you`re spreading the message "it works, there are new steel plants being build!". The more you get worked up about it, the more "reach" he scores, and we all get dumber in the process. Deliberate misinformation is a smart thing to do. It works for him. I looked up the 4% rise in gdp hookup mentioned, and no, I will not take that any further.... Wink

Discussion over here goes more into the direction of "how far is your competitiveness affected by higher domestic steel prices if you are e.g. a nail or needle manufacturer?" Some say american steel was inferior for some applications so certain qualities would have to imported regardless the tax. Maybe those jobs outweight the six or seven new steel plants? Huh But hey, its all fake news in the end, no more facts, only opinoins...
08-04-2018, 01:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2018, 01:09 PM by Hawnjigs.)
The #s discrepancy for anyone who bothered to fact check with US Steel spokesperson commentary was considerably more than 1.

I agree that lies can be used as attention bait.  The reason for posting this topic was a reminder that lies are NOT facts, and liars do NOT speak the truth.
08-07-2018, 11:43 AM,
Quote:The reason for posting this topic was a reminder that lies are NOT facts, and liars do NOT speak the truth.

That's what I say about the Clintons

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illegal Immigration to Canada; a Sad American/Canadian Problem‏ Radtexan 4 517 01-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Jig Man