Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No-Name Experimenting
06-28-2018, 05:39 PM,
No-Name Experimenting
Been working on these since a few years back. If some of you remember old thread about John Fujita's No-Name lure. Jack Fujita ( his nephew) sold me some of the old original No-Names so I could compare with the ones I was making. Basically I quit worrying about trying to imitate the curved front part of lure. I like two sizes # 12 hook pattern and # 8 hook pattern. Used ice fishing blade for front part. Can use standard hook or if you want vertical use jig hook. I substituted Ram's wool instead of chicken feathers for trailer hook. One strand of flash to make it pop.

If ever a case of less is more. Trying to get this lure to work as good as the original was hard. Mainly I kept putting too much material on . Last year I started tying with less and eureka .
All the patterns worked to some degree.  But the minimalist ( final pattern ) are just DEADLY.

While Mr Fujita designed is as a trout /panfish lure. It also took big fish back in the day. Well that has not changed. To prevent too any break offs I use modern braided line to connect the two hooks. After comparing in tank and actual clear lake water. These resemble a very small whitish minnow. The supreme test will be through the ice this year.

[Image: 4KINTPw.jpg]

Took pic of pattern while wet to give idea how small it really is. While small the results are usually big. Next pics just a few of today's victims of Mr Fujita's idea.

[Image: 20mB6ke.jpg]

[Image: ivp9m9f.jpg]

[Image: mMeO7G0.jpg]

Didn't take ruler with me but those planks are 6 inches wide.
AKA- hays47
06-29-2018, 05:44 PM,
RE: No-Name Experimenting
Nice catch!! Obviously it works well.
06-29-2018, 07:44 PM,
thank you for this post
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
07-04-2018, 07:37 PM,
Those are some nice healthy greenies, a pleasure to catch anytime.