Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panfish
04-13-2018, 11:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2018, 11:44 PM by AtticaFish.)
Panfish
First panfish of the year for me. Upground reservoir. Caught some on drop spoon and waxworm, others on kiptail hair jigs. Couldn't keep 2 lines in the water for a lot of the time. There was a cold cold cold shift of wind out of the North when i first got there but it layed down and ended up being really nice temp and not too bad wind. Fished after dinner till it was too dark to see..... forgot my headlamp today or might have stayed longer. Caught the bigger fish right at dusk and there was a lot of activity on the surface as i made my way back to my vehicle. Bluegill were all around 7.5", pumpkinseed went 8" and the black crappie was 11". Ended up keeping 10 fish and easily threw back twice that many. Sure wish the nice weather would stick through the weekend...........

JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
04-16-2018, 12:24 PM,
RE: Panfish
Nice to put something on the board. I think I set a record for me for latest date before catching a crappie, last Tuesday before I found a few. Bass and hybrid stripers have been filling in the gaps with some nice fish. Daughter gave me 10 lbs. of cod fillets so trying to eat those before keeping anything from around here. Might be May before the crappie spawn here with the weather we've been having. Had some snow flakes this morning and really windy.
04-16-2018, 01:58 PM,
RE: Panfish
Looks like fun & congrats on the pullage

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Perris panfish BGman 5 598 04-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Jig Man
  Panfish Slay baitmaster 3 634 05-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: baitmaster