Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seaweeds
01-31-2018, 11:58 AM,
Seaweeds
Several Asian cousines staples, I grew up enjoying several varieties - konbu, nori, wakame, hijiki.

Any of you like sushi?  For myself, the best way to enjoy smoked trout is with sticky rice rolled up in or mounded on bite size seaweed - this my favorite:
https://www.amazon.com/Premium-ORGANIC-S...ms+seaweed

Pickled ginger & kimchi on the side.  YUM !
01-31-2018, 01:49 PM,
RE: Seaweeds
I love wakame. I'll eat that stuff straight. We use it as a garnish for a dish where I work.

Last year we started assembling out own sushi. So we have nori in stock as well.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!

Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
01-31-2018, 10:17 PM,
I like nori seaweed with my miso soup.
02-01-2018, 12:53 PM,
Nori is tasty in soup but melts into mush. Wakame doesn't - soak for a few minutes in water till it fluffs up soft and add - no need to cook. A little goes a LONG way

Warning: Not sure when, but the Hawaii mainstay Shirakiku brand I use is now sourced from China and the package has a CA warning label about possible harmful chemical ingredients? Dunno, I think ALL ocean harvest food may be suspect.
02-02-2018, 11:16 AM,
Yum

I cook allot but for raw fish I'll always head to the experts at the Suski bar aregato
03-20-2018, 01:48 PM,
Just made a batch of wakame marinade for Hawaii-Asian taste:
3 parts sugar (organic Florida Crystals from Walmart)
2 parts rice vinegar (Mitsukan-Mizkan brand inexpensive at Walmart)
1 part shoyu (organic Ohsawa brand thru Amazon.com)
blenderize peeled chopped ginger with 1 or more parts water to taste and combine with above. Straining out pulp is optional.

I use the most healthful and tasty (& pricey) ingredients, but many may be satisfied with lesser.

Few hours soak and its ready to eat, but since this is a pickling mixture will keep for quite a long time in the frig.
03-21-2018, 04:06 PM,
About once a month I eat Sushi and enjoy whatever they serve me

I don't do anything organic - need those preservatives LoL