Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glueing eyes,
07-02-2017, 12:59 PM,
RE: Glueing eyes,
You have more patience than me . Crank baits are something I can, If I really had to make them but they make me crazy. I do eyes with super glue unless they are recessed then I can let the epoxy do it's thing . Do you ever have issues with the epoxy making the eyes bleed . I got some eyes some time back that bleed pretty bad .
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
07-02-2017, 02:28 PM,
w/ Super glue, my experience is not with bleeding eyes, but if I get the glue on the eye, they get cloudy
07-02-2017, 03:03 PM,
(07-02-2017, 12:44 AM)Kdog Wrote: Ive tried super glue but have a very hard time controlling it

Get the cheap gel super glue at Dollar store.  Wink
07-04-2017, 03:54 AM,
May have some news before long . I brought this subject up with Larry Dall-berg I think he is going to address all sides of the issue and produce a video.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
07-04-2017, 09:41 PM,
Toad frog, keep us yp to date. Dallberg vids are always informative
Wishing all, Tight Lines and Bent wriggling rods!
KDog!
07-06-2017, 01:54 AM,
will do .Ya know me . Always meddling around getting something going . This eye question is constantly coming up on every forum . Took a shot at getting a guy with unlimited resources on the job . Keep your fingers crossed.
07-06-2017, 02:34 PM,
Just for the heck of it I tried one of those light cured CA pens on a couple of eye's and it worked pretty good. It's one of those "seen on tv" units with the UV light at one end and a pen like dispenser on the other. It's a gell and with the pen it's easy to place a small drop, set the eye on it and then just shine the UV light through the eye. Set's up in seconds and the places I've used it it's pretty darn tough. Stay's just a little flexible but not sticky. I've seen them in the discount places but most are still $5 and I don't know how many eye's one would do but it's just a thought.
07-07-2017, 09:09 AM,
Gave that a shot on plastics . Needless to say it didn't work . So I ordered some spike-it lure and worm paint . to do eyes on plastics . Crap better work . Something does because I have some plastics over ten years old and the hand painted eyes are still stuck firm . The guy that did them passed away and took that knowledge with him .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GLUEING WEEDGUARDS JUNGLEJIM1 16 1,420 09-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Fatman
  Glueing On Eyes ScottV 14 1,338 04-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Last Post: cadman