Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Testing.....
05-03-2017, 10:36 PM,
Testing Testing.....
Making sure the mic is on here in the forum.  Where did everyone go?

I've been tying plenty of small jigs lately for spring crappie and bluegill.  Have already given away a handfull to a couple friends.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
05-03-2017, 10:46 PM,
RE: Testing Testing.....
On a side note, i have been getting out and restocking my dwindling fish supply in the freezer.  Have gotten on to the bluegill bite for a few weeks.  The 1/64 and 1/32 style jigs above have been doing the damage pegged below a float.  Finally found some walleye after dark this past weekend.  The walleye are feeding on the little bluegill in the rocks again.  Found on sticking out of the throat of one of the eyes i caught.  I tried hair jigs, but the walleye all bit on big Kalins swimbaits.

05-03-2017, 11:03 PM,
Nice work on the jigs and fish. Pet that puppy!
05-04-2017, 07:35 AM,
Work's been busy! Haven't been fishing much. That, and as usual, money issues.

Looking at a possible schedule change soon. If that happens, I'll be back on an early-morning shift, and have my afternoons and evenings off.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!

Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
05-04-2017, 07:44 AM,
Good catch, excellent jigs!
05-04-2017, 09:25 AM,
Man, you are good with a knife !

Since your reservoirs have big wallys, they were or are probably spawning. Might be some big girls around waiting to bite you.
05-04-2017, 09:41 AM,
Hawnjigs - I may not be correct, but i think the spawn is over and that it pushed through easily 2 to 3 weeks ahead of normal schedule. The water in this reservoir is already pretty warm and growing weeds/moss quickly. Ice never got thick enough in the winter for anyone to get out on it that i know of. I tried fishing after dark 3 weeks ago and believe the fish were in full spawn mode then. There were walleye cruising ALL OVER the rocks that i was spotlighting but none of them showed any interest in anything i tried throwing at them. Not even a simple turn and follow, just paid zero attention. There were very few baitfish up in the rocks then also. This time out was a big change. A lot of followers and could even see some shadows following my lure right up to my feet. Some of the fish were just sitting still up in the shallow water when i spotted them with my light. Was able to sight fish one...... spotlighted him from the top of the bank and scrambled down to cast. He thumped it hard too!
05-04-2017, 09:56 AM,
Nice jigs whats the weight/size?
Everyone has a responsibility to not only tolerate another person's point of view, but also to accept it eagerly as a challenge to your own understanding. And express those challenges in terms of serving other people.

Arlo Guthrie
05-04-2017, 10:32 AM,
No cat? Figured those fish would call them

I haven't been tying as much after winter. This winter tied poured a bunch up. Been fishing allot, but the heavy rains have slowed down numbers. Got a few good sized ones so not complaining.

Will be making my annual trip soon, so hope to have allot of pix to share. Only problem is everything's flooded now, in fact a kayaker got killed on the river I'll be floating. But by the time the rubber hits the road, I'm hoping the rivers will be safe.
05-04-2017, 11:10 AM,
Jay Wirth - Sizes are small.  There are a couple 1/64's that have a #10 hook and the others are 1/32's with #8 hook.  I was fishing side by side with a friend on one of the days and we both did excellent catching bluegill and pumpkinseed.  It was one of those days where almost every cast was either getting bites or landing fish and no bait at all needed.  He was catching fish one a plastic lure and i was nailing them on a kip tail jig.  Either i had the better spot or just had the feel that day, was easily a 3 to 1 catch rate over him.

hookup - If you look at the picture with the bluegill and crappie laying out on my cleaning board...... there is a cat peeking out from under the board.  I had quite the experience with that cat a couple weeks earlier. Dodgy  Did the same thing where i laid a few fish on the board to take a picture..... stood up to get my phone out.... opened the app then pointed the camera....... there was a FISH MISSING!  I might have looked a bit on the crazy side at that moment walking around the area saying.... here kitty kitty kitty .....through clenched teeth with a look like i was going to kill the thing as soon as i saw it.  Finally found it hiding under the truck and was able to surprise it and actually get my fish back.  Luckily, their favorite part of the fish is the head and that is what they eat first instead of the meat.  The cat has not harmed either.  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing a new Camera Jay Wirth 3 167 05-20-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: duffy
  Did some field testing justcameslabdaddy 14 3,007 04-24-2015, 12:41 AM
Last Post: AtticaFish
  Field testing the weekend! justcameslabdaddy 6 1,504 04-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Fatman
  Testing the water Bucho 17 3,454 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Fatman
  I might actually get to go Testing Friday Pepop 25 4,852 04-19-2013, 09:37 AM