Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POURING & MAKING 3.75 TUBE BAITS?
01-24-2017, 05:12 AM,
POURING & MAKING 3.75 TUBE BAITS?
HI gang,
I am wanting to make tube baits in 3.75 or 4 inch. I have never made any tube baits but that is what I want to learn how to do it. I have been pouring plastic baits for 23 years but never a tube bait. I am wanting to pour 1 color with different glitters that I already have. Ron Don makes some neat stuff that I have seen on here.
I saw the post where they poured the plastic over a nail but I am not sure what they are doing to get two colors of plastic on the nail. 
Anyway any information would be appreciated.
jig-guy / Bill
02-01-2017, 07:54 PM,
RE: POURING & MAKING 3.75 TUBE BAITS?
Have been pouring/ dipping tubes for several years not an expert.Have finally settled on dipping tubes, tube mold's and tail cutters from Lurecraft fishermen's shop.Have tried nails,ect/nothing really worked like we wanted. really like their lurecraft 500 plastic for pouring tubes a little pricey but worth itHave tried all the other brands but lurecraft is the best for tubes..Pouring tubes is kind of tricky.Really enjoy making and fishing bass and crappie tubes.Hope this helps not trying to sell just our two cents
02-03-2017, 12:34 AM,
Hi jackie53, thank you for responding and providing me the information in your reply Icon14 . I contacted LureCraft and am waiting for a catalog from them to purchase the items needed to pour the tubes. LureCraft is waiting for their catalogs to arrive for 2017, I am on the list for 1. As soon as I have their catalog I will purchase the items you listed.
My goal is to make the tubes real soft because most of the tubes sold today are hard and I do not like them. I will follow up after I have the tools and materials to produce my soft tubes.
Thank you again for responding and your hands on information.
Tight Lines,
jig-guy / Bill
03-31-2017, 05:11 PM,
(02-03-2017, 12:34 AM)jig-guy Wrote: Hi jackie53, thank you for responding and providing me the information in your reply Icon14 . I contacted LureCraft and am waiting for a catalog from them to purchase the items needed to pour the tubes. LureCraft is waiting for their catalogs to arrive for 2017, I am on the list for 1. As soon as I have their catalog I will purchase the items you listed.
My goal is to make the tubes real soft because most of the tubes sold today are hard and I do not like them. I will follow up after I have the tools and materials to produce my soft tubes.
Thank you again for responding and your hands on information.
Tight Lines,
jig-guy / Bill

I use £.16 nail and made a special rack to hang them on I cut the point in off a little bit to get a  second COLOR   stick the end of the mail in the plastic. make sure that you were using hard plastic  I use a commercial corridor to do the tale.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.bobsjigs.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here pouring 2.5" swim fry? Ron Don 2 304 05-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Jig Man
  Baits with eyes slammingjack 5 455 10-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Last Post: snake River
  new plastic baits snake River 6 629 03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Last Post: LedHed
  Swap baits Ron Don 8 805 07-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Last Post: snake River