Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jig Head Colors
02-05-2016, 05:38 PM,
RE: Jig Head Colors
Was doing some color research. Take it for what it's worth, or make of it what you will. Blue colors can be seen the deepest, then greens and reds has the shortest refractive wave length.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
02-05-2016, 08:59 PM,
Colors is my down fall. I started out making soft plastic. I have 37 colorants and 22 flakes. Jigheads I have around 20 colors now and growing. lol Jighead color #1 Yellow chart. Pearl white and watermelon.
02-05-2016, 09:02 PM,
Jig Head Colors
(02-05-2016, 05:38 PM)Fin and Fur Wrote: Was doing some color research. Take it for what it's worth, or make of it what you will. Blue colors can be seen the deepest, then greens and reds has the shortest refractive wave length.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I think it's diff with every species when it comes to color.
Salty fish here eat funny natural colors.
But that's bc, NOONE TRIES THE OTHER COLORS but in teeny tiny sections of the lure.
But I do know regular red and regular green ain't going on my heads.
Maybe Fl red or Fl green .
And If'n they don't work, Ya just gotta bounce it on their noses.....
Just pickin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-06-2016, 01:17 PM,
While color is important. I think depth and speed is the utmost primary concern. Next would come size and then color. Was a devoted fan of Buck Perry and still am. Think about it.

You can have the greatest combination going. But if you are fishing under the fish you won't be catching much. Most of the time gamefish look up when feeding crappie especially. Better to fish over then under. The fishes mood or level of aggression will determine how far up they will move. Depth and speed also happen to be the easiest things you can control. Size and color are almost tied in importance to me. In that you can have right color for that day but size will prevent success. A 3/8 ounce jig is not going to catch much in front of bluegills and or perch. Everyone reading this has had to down size or up size to get in the game for a particular day. So size slightly edges color out in ranking no# 3

Color can be a day saver or maker. BUT if you have the right depth and speed and size. You stand an excellent chance of catching something. I believe color is the final key to the puzzle for that given day. I haven't mentioned location. I think everyone knows you can't catch them where they ain't.

Regardless of what those info mericials that sell those " magic " lures.
AKA- hays47

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some colors you just can't do without! quivira kid 12 1,971 03-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Last Post: BucktailJiger
  Dragonfly Colors Len 7 1,465 07-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Last Post: AtticaFish
  Clear Goo and New Colors plateboater 8 1,690 05-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Last Post: LedHed
  Trying new colors today Denton Pond Jumper 6 1,105 05-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Last Post: DrCrappie
  New jig colors for me Denton Pond Jumper 7 1,609 05-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Last Post: LedHed