JigCraft.com
Standup Shrimp jig - Printable Version

+- JigCraft.com (http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft)
+-- Forum: Jiggin' Discussion (http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Jig Pics / Recipes (http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Standup Shrimp jig (/showthread.php?tid=6175)

Pages: 1 2

Standup Shrimp jig - StumpHunter - 06-06-2013

Been wanting to tie a fly or jig to use as a grass shrimp on the bottom. Been looking at a few pattens and found one that was a stand up shrimp tied as a fly with added weight. Bought a mold a week or so ago from chill49 with these shrimp in mind, a Larva Tube Jig. I poured some in a 1/32 oz and come up with my own stand up shrimp jig. These should work very well for the bream and crappie around here as the crappie are feasting on the grass shrimp right now on the flats.

RE: Standup Shrimp jig - Hawnjigs - 06-06-2013

Well, thats a different use for that head, using the shank ahead of the head for tying. Looks like the fibers might function as a weed guard? Is the looong flash trailer deliberate?

RE: Standup Shrimp jig - Pepop - 06-06-2013

COOL!! Icon14Icon14

RE: Standup Shrimp jig - StumpHunter - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 04:13 PM)Hawnjigs Wrote: Well, thats a different use for that head, using the shank ahead of the head for tying. Looks like the fibers might function as a weed guard? Is the looong flash trailer deliberate?

The flash are intended to be the antennae, may be a little long but will see how they work before cutting. If I wanted them to stick straight out they wouldn't LOL, they will bend down when wet Smile

RE: Standup Shrimp jig - OhioOuchigan - 06-06-2013

that is cool looking....would prolly do a number on anything that eats shrimpy buggy looking things.

RE: Standup Shrimp jig - plateboater - 06-06-2013

Wow.......how long is the time from start to finish to complete that sweet lure!???

Standup Shrimp jig - Lost Pole - 06-06-2013

Very very interesting tie that makes me smile. Hard to say what I'm thinking but that's a great'n. If you ever get a free sec, and the want to, I'd really like the details and materials on it.
Great work.

(06-06-2013, 09:31 PM)plateboater Wrote: Wow.......how long is the time from start to finish to complete that sweet lure!???

Not a fast jig to tie, guess I spent 1 1/2 hour painting, making eyes and tying 6 jigs. But that was deciding how to tie them also.

[attachment=5284]

(06-06-2013, 09:51 PM)Lost Pole Wrote: Very very interesting tie that makes me smile. Hard to say what I'm thinking but that's a great'n. If you ever get a free sec, and the want to, I'd really like the details and materials on it.
Great work.

Adam, if normal people could see how tyers brain works it may scare em!!!Beat-up Big Grin

I do understand what you are saying Smile Sometimes we see things that once tied we have no words for but the tye does something for us Icon14

I'll get some pics and a list together or may make a video so I can show how to make the eyes also.

RE: Standup Shrimp jig - Bo_G - 06-06-2013

That is slick! You obviously put a lot of thought into it.
Bo